1. Want to make it to the bottom of your to-do list or leave early on a Friday for the weekend? Here’s some tips on how to make it happen – don’t stay up too late at night, get going early, energise yourself before starting work, kick start your brain with a walk, set one-hour deadlines, shorten your emails and reward yourself. Thanks for these recommendations Ross Bailey, Founder of Appear Here.
2. Work stress can have a real impact on our well-being. Cognitive neuroscientist Professor Ian Roberston has 18 simple tips to help minimise tension. My favourites are complete a simple task if you get stuck and adopt a power pose!
3. Stop meetings taking over your day. Assess whether you need a meeting – would a five-minute call be more suitable or an email with an action plan? Plan meetings to best suit your schedule. Learn to say no if the meeting will impact your day. Hold walking meetings to help energise your brain and keep meetings to the point. These are great tips from Nicky Armytage-Foy, Electric Women.
4. Be more productive thanks to writer Emma Gannon. Plan and structure your day. Make your own rules. Use different work spaces to keep you energised. Know what times of the day you’re at your best. Do your boring tasks first. Schedule time to do your email. Take short breaks to pump up your energy.
5. Remember, ‘improved productivity means less human sweat, not more!’ Wise words from Henry Ford.
Follow me on Twitter @theinformteam where I’ll be tweeting a top tip at 10a.m. every morning, Monday to Friday!