We don’t talk the talk…we walk the walk!
September is a time that wafts of a fresh start filled with promise, as we wave goodbye to the beach and sunbeds and go back to school. This month we lived by Dr. Seuss’ ‘back to school’ advice: The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll GO!
We did our reading, so we know more about Microsoft and what they’ve been up to. And, we can’t wait to tell you what we learned…
- As avid users, we’re delighted that Teams is now a complete meeting and calling solution, and the primary communications client in Microsoft Office 365. With messaging, meetings, calling, and file sharing all in one, how can you go wrong?!
- MeetNow functionally in Teams is now also better. It offers an enhanced lobby experience, holds meetings for up to 250 attendees, plus offers intelligent alerts, mobile sharing and whiteboarding.
- Microsoft MyAnalytics is great for giving you a picture of how you spend your time at work; and, now it includes your chat and call activity from Skype for Business to give you a better insight. Learn more.
- The Office 365 Roadmap, which lists updates that are planned for various subscribers, has become the Microsoft 365 Roadmap. Despite a new name and virtual location, it will retain current information and functionality for the existing Office 365 Roadmap. The Microsoft Office Roadmap will provide information on new features with their release status – targeted release, preview, specialised cloud, or worldwide.
- Microsoft Office 365 is winning the battle of office software in Europe. According to Bitglass’s second cloud adoption report, European cloud adoption has increased 27% since 2016. Microsoft Office 365 is being used by 65% of European respondents; up 22% in two years. Whereas, G Suite market share is down 3% (19% in 2018 versus 22% in 2016). But, AWS’s share has grown from 13% (2016) to 22% (2018).
- We love how Microsoft is applying machine learning to its file storage services OneDrive and SharePoint. Soon you’ll be able to automatically transcribe video and audio files, with the transcript being displayed on the screen. Think how much easier it will be to find the information you’re looking for in a video?
And, that’s a wrap for September! Get in touch if you’d like us to feature specific Microsoft news in our monthly Microsoft blog posts.