1. Scientific research has revealed that winter wakes up your mind and warm weather makes it harder to think straight. To keep people alert during a training session make their learning environment like winter. Make the air conditioning a little cooler and provide plenty of iced drinks!
2. Think you’re a good judge of character and can read how someone’s reacting to learning new technology? Research has shown that only expressive people reveal how they’re truly thinking. So, when training introverts really take the time to ask how it’s going…
3. Don’t compromise performance because of speed when training people on new technology. Speedy training may look efficient, but it doesn’t include the time for people to practice and obtain an optimal performance from using the technology.
4. In the world of digital you’d think watching a video would be a preferred method of learning. But, not according to MIT. Their research found 30% of people prefer reading, 30% attending a lecture, 20% watching a video, and 20% another form of learning (i.e. hands on/ interactive).
5. Technology transformation is more successful if you follow the transformation curve – meaning small steps lead to real change. Transformation should be broken into small, achievable and clearly defined steps.
Follow me on Twitter @theinformteam where I’ll be tweeting a top tip at 10a.m. every morning, Monday to Friday!