- Don’t become a lone ranger because you’re a home worker. Yes, an instant message to a colleague may suffice but give them a call if you’re in need of a chat. You’ll feel better and that’s what technology’s for – to connect and communicate!
- Marie Kondo isn’t a sensation for no reason! A clutter-free life brings you joy, so keep your working area tidy. The saying goes: ‘A tidy desk makes for a tidy mind’. And, that drives productivity!
- Are you a team lead managing a virtual team? Make the most of technology to bring your team together with weekly individual and team online huddles. And, use video as it engages people!
- As a homeworker don’t fall victim to becoming the building’s door answerer and let your home phone ring through to voice-mail. Otherwise, you get interrupted, lose focus and become distracted.
- Working from home? Set yourself up in a designated space and always work there. It keeps your ‘work hat on’ so you’re more productive and separates your work life from your home life.
Follow me on Twitter @theinformteam where I’ll be tweeting a top tip at 10a.m. every morning, Monday to Friday!