- Set yourself working times as a homeworker. Otherwise, your day will be a long one as it’s too easy to just keep going, especially if you have Office 365 apps on your mobile phone. Remember the saying ‘just because you can, it doesn’t mean you should’!
- Homeworker tip: Put your office to bed at the end of the day. Close everything down, tidy up and walk away into your ‘home space’. To ‘shut down’ you need to literally shut your physical space down.
- You need to signal the end of the day as a homeworker, beyond closing your PC. Go for a walk or to an exercise class. Try and step outside to get some fresh air and say: ‘good-bye work…hello evening’.
- Feeling stressed at work? Breathe in for four, hold your breath for four and breathe out for four. Do it a few times and your heart rate will lower, and you’ll feel calmer. Awake in the night because you can’t get that work task out of your head?
- Start counting backwards from 100 in threes, so 100…97…94… It distracts and focuses you whilst lowering your heart rate. And, you need your heart rate to drop to nod off!
Follow me on Twitter @theinformteam where I’ll be tweeting a top tip at 10a.m. every morning, Monday to Friday!