This week’s tips are all about the power of search and ways to find content. From time-saving tips for SharePoint, Teams and all browser searches.
- Bookmark content to find hot topics in your Microsoft Teams conversations more easily by clicking the three dots icon on the message and then ‘Save this message’. Find your Saved messages from your profile pull-down menu.
- Rename group chats in Microsoft Teams by clicking the pencil icon next to its members. It helps you manage topics or short projects without creating unnecessary Teams and channels. And use the search and command box to find them easily.
- Help whittle down content by using the filters in your Microsoft Teams activity feed. This how-to post is useful although the layout has been updated since it was published so differs slightly.
- You can use other people’s searches to help improve your content if you use a SharePoint intranet. Check out Gregory Zelfond‘s piece on analysing search.
- Boolean searches are greatly underused. They can save you loadsa time. The very wonderful Tracy van der Schyff has made an 80 second video on it. Watch it now!
Follow me on Twitter @theinformteam where I tweet a top tip at 10am Monday to Friday!