This week’s top tips are all about help. And not just because that’s a cracking Beatles tune. We all need someone or somewhere to turn to with questions so what’s available to you?
- If you need help with simple functions and file sharing, your immediate colleagues and company policies could step in. Make sure the policies are up-to-date and have been reviewed – this may be an annual thing.
- For help on structures, naming conventions and curating your data, your company might have super users or business champions who promote and ensure best practice. Pick their brains as they should understand your business needs and the tech.
- Need tech or business process help? You could turn to the world’s second most popular search tool – YouTube. For generic how-to videos (if your company hasn’t commissioned its own) it’s a great source of knowledge,
- The Microsoft community is filled with questions, ideas & support from real users. It’s a really useful source of help. Though remember: MS interfaces update often so answers may be slightly out of date.
- Your company intranet may have documents, policies and helpful instructions from online guides to how-to videos. These can be a great source of help if you’re looking for best practice and tech intel linked to your systems.
Follow me on Twitter @theinformteam where I tweet a top tip at 10am Monday to Friday!