A smorgasbord of top tips this week. From turning on some green-fingered skills to help you focus, to a nice little reminder that we should skill up managers in how to manage flexible working:
- Did you know many UK workers have a statutory right to request flexibleworking? Citizens Advice has easy-to-follow steps on how to do this
- Do you struggle to focus or have screen time overload? We use our computers for so much that now we need technology to control our technology… Try these apps to stop destructive distraction and regain focus.
- So it’s not just about eating your greens – plants help us focus too. If you use different workspaces, or work from home, think about adding desk plants where you can. Just don’t forget to water them.
- You probably won’t be surprised but the Government Equalities Office flexible working research shows that managers’ attitude and people skills massively affects the success of flexible working. About time we supported managers in this then, hey?
- Looking for more customisation in Microsoft Teams? Pinned channels are coming soon! Look out for it in October
Follow me on Twitter @theinformteam where I tweet a top tip at 10am Monday to Friday.